Color filters allow you to customize your view of cars in a yard, to easily identity cars by sort, destination, source, type, or repair status.
There are 2 main sets of color filters:
- Yard, State, Railroad & Car Colored Filters
- Sort Filters
Yard, State, Railroad & Car Filters
With a map open the Yard, State, Railroad, & Car filters can be accessed by pressing the following keys:
|Filter Type||Key||Mouse roll-over text||Notes|
|Car-type||1||reporting mark, type, and load information|
|Destination State||2||reporting mark, state, map, 'Destination'|
|Destination Yard||3||reporting mark, state, map, 'Destination'|
|4||reporting mark, state, map, 'Destination'||All cars white except bad-order cars flash red and cars needing wash flash blue.|
|Local Car||5||reporting mark, state, map, 'Destination'||Cars for current map are purple (plus shades for each child in a MIM). All other cars are brown.|
|6||reporting mark, state, map, RR, 'Destination'|
|Source State||(Numpad) 2||reporting mark, state, map, 'last-handled information'|
|Source Yard||(Numpad) 3||reporting mark, state, map, 'last-handled information'|
|Source Railroad||(Numpad) 6||reporting mark, state, map, RR, 'last-handled information'|
Setting the Colors
With the map closed, select Menu --> View --> Yard State Railroad and Car Colors to open the Yard, State, Railroad & Car Colors form Initially the default colors will be displayed.
- To edit, double click on the relevant item.
- The "Random" button sets a random color for all yards in the selected state/province.
- To use a different set of files (ones you have previously edited), select the relevant nnnn.ycl file from the drop down 'SOURCE' file list.
- To save changes or to copy the current colors to a different yard, select the required yard in the drop down 'TARGET' file list.
With a map open, the sort filter can be accessed by pressing:
- <Shift>-3 ... Each sort of non-intermodal or autorack displayed according to a user defined color. MRI = sort or track name.
- <Shift>-4 ... Same as <Shift>-3, but autoracks displayed according to the sort filter.
- <Shift>-5 ... Same as <Shift>-4, but autoracks and intermodal cars displayed according to the sort filter.
Autorack and intermodal car colors in the <Shift>-3 filter are set using <Shift>-A and <Shift>-I, respectively.
There is an order of precedence in which cars are compared to the player's definitions, going from more to less specific as follows:
- Special/Bad Order and Special/Wash
- Railroad and State/Any/Empty
- Car Type
- Special/Other (any car not otherwise matched)
Any car not matched to a sort is displayed in white.
To change sort colors, open the ‘Assign sorts and tracks’ form by pressing 9.
- Select sort to change and press small colored ‘C’ button beside the sort name to open ‘FYM Color Selector’.
- Press ‘OK’ on ‘Assign Classification Tracks’ form to save changes.
- If no 'Others' track is set, unmatched cars will be white.
With one of the Sort filters active, pressing ? opens the sort list form showing numbers, tonnage, and length of cars for that sort currently in the map.
To display only a few sorts (maximum 5):
- Double click on a sort to add to the "Selection."
- Click on "Show Only" (or toggle in-map by pressing /) to display only the selected sorts in color and all other sorts as black.
- To remove sorts from your "Selection," double click a single sort or "Clear All."