Hump Set Up Part I (switched roads definitions) …..
Before you can use the auto Hump feature in FYM you must first ‘teach’ FYM about all the switched roads (also called routes) from the Hump Crest to the bowl sidings.
FYM can accomodate upto 6 Hump Crests. The order of which is set by the position of the Hump Crest segment in the yrd file and cannot be changed.
All switched roads must be defined for a Hump Crest before moving onto the next one. It is not possible to add/edit/delete the switched roads for a previous Hump Crest.
1. Define the switched roads
1. Press 0 (keyboard top row) to enter set up mode.
2. For clarity the map will be displayed without cars and engines. Also all moving trains will be paused while you are in setup mode.
3. The track segment for the current (active) hump crest is colored deep red to pink.
4. The Hump Crest number and the next siding number will be displayed on the left of your screen. In the example shown above this is what you would see as you start to define the switched roads.
5. To define a switched road you need to set all the switches correctly along the route and then move the coloured track segment along this route from the hump crest to just beyond the last switch into the bowl on this route. (see above) FYM will then remember the switches and how they are aligned and will automatically set the switch when a car rolls onto the switch common leg.
6. You move the shaded segment by pressing either the ‘4’ key on the keypad or the plus/equals key on the main keyboard.
7. If you are happy with this route then press the ‘0’ key on the keypad. This action commits this route to the data set and moves the coloured segment back to the Hump Crest and increments the track counter by 1.
8. If you wish to cancel or redo a route you are currently defining, then press ‘r’ (for reset or redo). This will move the coloured segment back to the Hump Crest but does not increment the track counter.
9. Continue to define all the switched roads you want by repeating 5-7 (8 if required) above.
10. Press ‘0’ (keyboard top row) to exit switched road definition mode. This will automatically save all the data for you. You can resume at a later date, should you need to define more switched roads.
2. Multiple Hump Crests
1. You must complete all the switched road definitions for a Hump Crest before moving to the next for those yards with multiple crests. This is important as there is no way to return to a previous crest except by deleting the hump set up files and starting over.
2. To select the next crest – press ‘N’ while the Hump switched roads set up is active.
3. Proceed as in section 1, steps 5 to 10 above.
3. Special Cases
1. It is not recommended that you use side by side Hump Crests at the same time if they feed the same bowl sidings.
2. Rear facing switches (like those in the double segment Xovers above) must be set manually, FYM will not automatically set them during a Hump operation. Note the different settings in the images above depending on which track is used for the Hump operation. These would be set and left for the duration of the Hump operation from that track.
3. For single segment Xovers, the rear facing switches should be set to straight ahead (as in the image above) and again left for the duration of the Hump operation from either track.
4. Single rear facing switches must be aligned manually to facilitate the required car movement across the switch (see above) and left for the duration of the Hump operation.
1. Maximum number of Hump Crests is 6.
2. Maximum total number of switched roads is 251 (summed over all Hump Crests).
3. Maximum number of switches in any 1 switched road is 150.
4. Maximum number of assignment elements (e.g. Yards, States, etc) for any switched road is 150.
5. Any edits to switches (i.e. deletion/remake or swapping switch legs) will invalidate the switched roads setup.